Friday, July 10, 2009

How to Cook Possum


1. To catch a possum, I would recommend putting a have-a-heart trap under your house, and baiting it with fish that has been dead quite a while. According to North Carolina folklore, one must catch a possum by looking for it on the dark of the moon. I don't quite know what that means, so I do not how to tell you to go about it, but if you figure it out, let me know.
2. Catching the possum is the easy part. Once you have gotten it into the cage (see picture above), you must then keep it in this cage or another cage for a week, feeding it only milk or cornmeal. For my personal taste, I think milk would be best, but I supposed cornmeal would work well too. This is so that the possum might have a chance to clean out his digestive system.
3. Probably, the best way to kill a possum is to whack it over the head with something.
4. Though, you do have to be careful that it is not actually playing possum.
5. Once you are sure it is dead, you must skin it. Again, I don't know how to tell you to do this as the last time I skinned something was the cat in my 12th grade zoology class, but probably you might be able to contact a local taxidermist for suggestions.
6. Once you have skinned the possum, either use a recipe, or prepare as you would rabbit.
See, not too hard (However, I have never done any of this. Just a suggestion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment